International Financial Aid

Undergraduate international students are eligible for merit-based scholarships, as are graduate international students, which are awarded during the admission process.

Unfortunately, the US Government does not provide funding for foreign nationals to study in the US. Most grants, scholarships, and loans from public and private sources within the United States are also restricted to US citizens or permanent residents.

Students should make every effort to identify potential funding sources (national, provincial, or private) in your home country. View a listing of international scholarships and informational websites.

On-Campus Employment

International students are not eligible for need-based federal financial aid, however they are eligible to work on-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters and 40 hours per week during the summer and winter sessions. International students may not be employed off-campus unless authorized by an international student advisor (this includes unpaid and volunteer employment). Working or being employed off-campus without authorization is a serious violation of a student's immigration status. SAIC on-campus employment does not require authorization from International Affairs.

Students can review job listings at the careers and internships website and apply directly to the office advertising each position.

International Students Funding Resources

Alternative/private loans are available to international students who can secure a co-signer who is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and is considered creditworthy by the lender. Students may find helpful information on understanding the alternative/private loan process at, or

Students are encouraged to check with their home country for student loans before applying for alternative/private loans.