Payment Plans and Billing Process
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) provides online bills at the end of each month to students who have a balance due and to those who have had account activity since the last monthly bill. Bills will not be generated for accounts that do not have a balance or have no activity since the last billing month.
Electronic bills (eBills) are available to students and Payers in Transact. Payers are set up by the student in Transact. An email notification is sent each month to students and Payers when a new bill is available in Transact.
To access your eBills, please follow these steps:
- Log into Self-Service
- Click Financial Account
- Click the Transact button to open Transact in a new tab or window
- Click Statements on the left-hand menu
Payers, please log in at commerce.cashnet.com/saicpay and click Statements on the left hand menu.
SAIC offers interest-free payment plans to students and families for tuition and fees during summer, fall, and spring semesters. There is no payment plan for the winter term.
Semester Payment Plans
Payment plans allow students to pay their tuition and fees in monthly installments due on the 15th of each month. Payment plans during the fall and spring semesters consist of four payments each. The summer payment plan consists of three payments. A nonrefundable enrollment fee of $50 is charged to participate in the payment plan. Semester payment plans are available online through Transact.
Students can enroll in the Transact payment plan through Self-Service or parents/authorized payers may enroll by logging into Transact directly. Payment plans do not carry over from semester to semester. You must enroll in the payment plan at the beginning of each semester. More information about Transact and setting up authorized payers is available on the Payments Options and Manage Your Student Account sections of the SAIC website.
To enroll in a payment plan, please follow these steps:
- Students- Log into Self-Service. Parents/Payers- Log in at commerce.cashnet.com/saicpay.
- Click Financial Account
- Click Transact to open Transact in a new tab or window
- Click Payment Plans on the left menu
- Click View payment plan options
- Click Enroll in plan to review the plan, terms, and pay the $50 enrollment fee
Auto Payment Plans
The auto payment plan is an optional complement to conveniently manage your Transact payment plan. Immediately following enrollment of the payment plan, you will be prompted to enroll in autopay if you wish. Simply select your preferred payment method and you will be automatically charged on the 15th of each payment plan month. Auto payment plans do not carry over from semester to semester. You must enroll in the auto payment plan at the beginning of each semester.
To enroll in auto pay, please do one of the following:
- Once enrolled in a payment plan, you may choose to sign up for autopay at the end of your payment plan signup.
- Click on Set up auto pay under the Overview or Payment Plans tab to enroll in, or manage autopay at any time for your payment plan.