Join us online for Transfer Days! Learn more about preparing your application and portfolio, transferring credit, and studying at SAIC, and ask any questions before our June 15 Transfer Deadline.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
SAIC Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
We award merit scholarships to new students based on a holistic review of student portfolios, test scores, artist's statements, academic records, and recommendations. Merit scholarships are annually renewed as long as students maintain successful academic standing. Scholarships are financial awards that do not need to be repaid.
Types of Merit Scholarships
No additional application is required; merit scholarships are awarded at the time of admission based on a holistic view of your portfolio and application materials. Learn more about how to assemble a scholarship-winning portfolio.
In addition to SAIC scholarships, there are many sources of outside scholarships. We encourage students to begin their search early.
U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need- and non-need based aid.
|OCT 1||FAFSA Opens|
|DEC 1||FAFSA Priority Deadline|
|JAN 15||FAFSA Award Letters sent for admitted Fall students who have applied
Please include our school code, #001753, on the FAFSA so that your information is sent directly to us to evaluate.
Federal and state governments offer gift assistance (which does not need to be repaid) to eligible students.
- SAIC need-based grants and scholarships
- Endowed and restricted scholarships
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Veterans Benefits
- Monetary Award Program (MAP) for Illinois residents attending approved Illinois schools
- Other state-funded programs
- Federal Work Study Program
- Institutional Employment
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Private Education Loans
For further details on Financial Aid, please visit our Student Financial Services pages.