The mission of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is to facilitate continuous improvement at SAIC through collecting, synthesizing, and reporting qualitative and quantitative evidence to support institutional-level planning, decision making, and organizational effectiveness and to ensure the institution provides accurate mandatory external reporting.
OIR's primary functions and scope are to:
- Provide timely and accurate institution-level analytics and reporting for the President’s Cabinet and other SAIC decision-making bodies;
- Support reviews of academic programs and the administrative and educational support units (AES);
- Develop, collect, analyze, and communicate measures of institutional effectiveness;
- Ensure the accuracy of reporting for federal, state, accreditation, and other compliance mandates; and
- Guide interdepartmental collaboration and facilitate institutional research strategy and data governance to promote improved evidence-based processes and data integrity.