SAIC’s degrees and departments offer a rich curriculum that allows for interdisciplinary study. While many students choose to focus on a specific discipline, others choose to build a hybrid practice that combines many areas of interest.
Following the completion of Contemporary Practices courses, undergraduate students develop an individualized curriculum within their degree path. Academic Advising will help you customize an education tailored to your creative goals.
Regardless of the degree you choose to pursue, you have the option of studying across many disciplines. Writing students may wish to complement their studies with courses in architecture and design, for example.
You will leave the school prepared to adapt to the complex society which you will be working in and influencing.
Undergraduate Degrees Offered at SAIC
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual and Critical Studies
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with an Emphasis in Art Education
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with an Emphasis in Writing
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture
Graduate Degrees Offered at SAIC
- Master of Arts in Arts Administration and Policy
- Master of Arts in Art Education
- Master of Arts in Art Therapy and Counseling
- Master of Arts in Modern and Contemporary Art History
- Master of Arts in New Journalism
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Arts in Visual and Critical Studies
- Master of Design in Designed Objects
- Master of Design in Fashion, Body and Garment
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio
- Master of Fine Arts in Writing
- Master of Science in Historic Preservation
- Low-Residency Master of Fine Arts
- Dual Degree: MA in Arts Administration & Policy and MA in Modern & Contemporary Art History
- CHP (Certificate in Historic Preservation for MArch and MArch/IA students)
- PBS (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Studio)
- PBF (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fashion, Body, and Garment)