SAIC is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit saic.edu/alerts for the latest information.
Academic Advisors are available to meet with students in person and remotely. You can schedule an appointment through the Navigate Student app or desktop site here. If you have general advising questions or do not know who to contact, please email email@example.com or call 312.629.6800.
Academic Advising provides you ongoing partnership, support, and advocacy as you navigate SAIC’s interdisciplinary curriculum and map out your unique degree plan. Your academic advisor will be your point person to help you manage course concerns and personal issues and connect you to resources to support your academic success.
Academic Advisors can assist you in a variety of areas, including:
- Check your credit progress
- Select courses, plan your schedule, and register for courses
- Add or drop a course
- Withdraw from a course
- Work through issues listed on course progress reports
- Resolve course concerns and mediate conflicts
- Switch degree programs
- Substitute or waive course credit
- Take classes off campus through the permissions process
- Take a leave of absence
- Return from a leave of absence
- Navigate SAIC policy and procedures
- Appeal academic and refund policies
- Review campus resources
- Obtain food assistance
For more information on new student orientation and (Re)Start: This is SAIC, please visit our Orientation page.