The Department of Photography at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) offers a multifaceted approach to the medium, including traditional forms of image making and conceptually oriented practices, making the SAIC Photography program uniquely diverse.
Join us on campus to learn how to research undergraduate art programs, prepare your portfolio for admission and merit scholarships, tour our campus and residence halls, and much more. Learn More.
Students in the Photography department will:
- Explore the practice and theory of photography.
- Learn from distinguished, practicing artists with a variety of approaches to the medium.
- Practice your art in a supportive, nonhierarchical community among faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students.
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment available for checkout from our media centers, and enjoy access to all the resources of the school.
- Collaborate with graduate students and peers to create an annual departmental catalog.
Interested in Learning More?
Continue to explore the Department of Photography’s website to learn more about curricular offerings, faculty, students, alumni, and more or schedule a tour and view our 2020 catalog of student work.