Photography Facilities and Resources
Students in SAIC's Photography department have access to:
- More than 2,000 square feet of state-of-the-art digital facilities, including editing workstations with Mac Pro and color-calibrated monitors, Imacon film scanners, a large format flatbed film scanner, flatbed scanners, 21 professional digital printers with output up to 42” wide, print viewing stations
- Two Advanced Checkout Centers with 35mm and medium format film cameras, full-frame DSLRs, medium format digital back systems, 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 view cameras, a large selection of lenses, accessories, strobe, LED and hot light kits, analog and digital lab equipment.
- Black-and-white darkroom with 13 enlargers.
- Alternative processes and film developing facility for palladium, wet plate collodion, other historic processes, and black and white film processing.
- Shooting studio with a high-end strobe system, backdrops, a tethered Phase One digital back with medium format camera system.
- SAIC Service Bureau for printing up to 62” on a wide variety of paper and other media.
- Graduate students have individual private studios with a dedicated community critique space.