Living at SAIC for Summer 2021
SAIC will be offering Summer 2021 housing! Students have the option of having single and double occupancy rooms for the time that you need it during the summer.
The 2021 Summer housing applications is open! Access the online housing application at saic-housing.artic.edu. You will need to electronically sign your housing contract and submit the $150 prepayment in order to complete the application.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has space available in one of its premiere facility, 162 N State Street Residences. Located in the heart of the city, this building is directly across from the Chicago Theatre. Each loft-style room has a private bath and kitchenette, with a full size refrigerator, microwave oven, and stove and comes equipped with both cable and wireless internet. These generous accommodations boast 11-foot ceilings with track lighting, ample closet space, and large windows with views of Lake Michigan or the Chicago Loop. They are furnished with an extra-long twin bed, drafting table, and chair.
Common area amenities and resources include:
- 24-hour security desk
- Two laundry rooms - coin operated washers and dryers
- Fitness Center - Availability may be limited due to COVID-19 response
- 3 treadmills
- 3 elliptical machines
- 3 combo weight machines
- 3 cross training bikes
- Residents must attend a 20 minute orientation session and sign an insurance waiver to gain access.
- Computer Lab - Mac computers, scanners, and a pay-to-print station
- Media Room - Availability may be limited due to COVID-19 response
- VHS player
- Surround Sound
- Connectors to hook up your laptop to our system
- Kitchen - Availability may be limited due to COVID-19 response
- 4 ovens (each with 4 burner range)
- Space to hang out while food is cooking
Note: Jones Hall and Buckingham are unavailable for summer housing. All available spaces are located in the 162 N State Street Residences.
Degree-seeking SAIC Students:
Secure your space at SAIC for Summer 2021 in two easy steps:
Complete the online Summer Housing Application. The application contains an electronic contract which you must accept. Make sure that you click all the way through to the 'Finish' button on the last step! Applications for Summer 2021 housing will open on March 22nd!
Pay your $150 housing prepayment. For detailed instructions on submitting the prepayment on-line with a credit card, see below. Instructions can also be found on the application. You can also pay by check or money order. No cash payments will be accepted.
- Electronic Payment (preferred method) - Students may pay the prepayment via electronic check or credit card online. To pay online, follow the steps outlines below:
- Log in to PeopleSoft Self-Service. You will use the log-in information created through the GET CONNECTED process.
- Once logged-in, click Account Inquiry
- Click 'Make a Payment'
- Next, click 'Make a Payment' or 'ARTICard Deposit'
- On the next screen, click 'Housing Prepayment'
- Enter $150 as the total amount of the payment. In order for your prepayment to be accepted, it must be the full amount of $150.
- Select Summer 2021 for the term
- Click Add to Shopping Cart and continue to follow the instructions to pay via credit card
- Via Check or Money Order - If you prefer to mail a check or money order, you may send it to the address below. Please make the $150 housing prepayment payable to 'SAIC'.
- Residence Life Office School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 36 S. Wabash Ave, Suite 1209, Chicago, IL 60603
2021 Summer Contract Dates
|Start Date||End Date|
|All Summer *||May 30||August 20|
|Session 6W1*||May 30||July 10|
|Session 6W2||July 11||August 20|
|Session 3W1*||May 30||June 19|
|Session 3W2||June 20||July 10|
|Session 3W3||July 11||July 31|
|Session 3W4||August 1||August 20|
|Low Residency MFA - 6 Week||June 19||August 4|
|Low Residency MFA - 2 Week||June 19||July 3|
|EIS/Grad Boot Camp||July 8||August 20|
|Summer Kickstart||June 20||August 20|
*Students who are currently living on campus for the Spring 21 semester, will be eligible to remain in the residence halls until the start of their summer housing contract on May 30th. Residence Life will be in contact with these eligible students in April & May 2021.
Note: These dates coincide with the currently scheduled academic terms; should the dates of the academic term be modified for any reason, including but not limited to, public health concerns, these dates may also be adjusted. In any of the above circumstances, notice will be sent to the Resident/Student.
2021 Summer Rates
|Double Room||Single Room|
|6 - Week Session||$2190||$2910|
|3 - Week Session||$1095||$1455|
|Low Residency MFA - 6 Week||$2190||$2910|
|Low Residency MFA - 2 Week||$730||$970|
|EIS/Grad Boot Camp||$2190||$2910|
2021 Summer Meal Plan Rate
|Meal Plan Rate|
If you are looking for Summer Intern Housing for non-SAIC students, visit our Summer Housing for Interns page.