NEW: Online Summer Institute
Online Info Session: Learn About our Early College Program Summer Institute Online!
Wednesday, May 27
6:00 p.m. CT
Join us for a webinar about our NEW Online Early College Program Summer Institute. We will be talking specifics about the program, benefits for students, course highlights, and more! Program faculty will also be present, and there will be time after the presentation for any questions!
Early College Program Online Summer Institute
We’re committed to helping you grow and progress as artists and designers this summer, and are excited to be launching our Early College Program Online Summer Institute, led by our highly acclaimed faculty of artists and designers. You’ll join peers from around the globe to create portfolio-quality work, deepen your understanding of contemporary art making, and earn college credit. Experience dynamic virtual demos, engage in group critiques, and receive the ideal blend of one-on-one meeting time with faculty and independent exploration.
So, we’ll start by answering a few questions:
- Yes, you’ll work hard
- No, you won’t be sitting in front of a computer screen all day
- Yes, faculty will be working with you in real time
- Yes, you will meet other students from around the country and across the world
- Yes, our instructors have taught virtually before (and are, frankly, just amazing), and are excited to work with you
- Yes, we know amazing artists and designers from across the world, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet some of them
Early College Program Online Summer Institute Sessions
Session 1: June 8–June 26 (3 weeks, 1 college credit)
Session 2: June 29–July 17 (3 weeks, 1 college credit)
Session 3: July 20–Aug 7 (3 weeks, 1 college credit)
Session 4: June 29–Aug 7 (6 weeks, 2 college credits)
We’ve designed our courses so you can continue to dig deeper into your projects if you want to enroll in multiple sessions.
- Work with our amazing faculty of practicing artists, designers, and scholars
- Earn college credit that may transfer to any college you attend.
- Connect with visiting artists from around the globe
- Collaborate with students from across the United States and around the world
- Prepare a competitive portfolio for college admission
- Participate in a virtual exhibition which will be publicized on SAIC’s main social media channels
Special Benefits for Students Applying to SAIC for Fall 2021
- Robust faculty and admissions application advising, including merit portfolio preparation advice
- Guaranteed one-time $1000 scholarship to students who successfully complete the program and enroll at SAIC
- The opportunity to receive your admission decision by September 1, earlier than any other SAIC applicant, providing that you have submitted all of your application materials
- An optional workshop focused on preparing a digital portfolio and website
Students must be at least 15 years old and not older than 18 years and have completed their sophomore year of high school to enroll.