Thursday, December 07 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST
ECPSI + ECPOSI Info Session: December 7
Early College Program Online Summer Institute
We’re committed to helping you grow and progress as artists and designers this summer, and are excited to offer our Early College Program Online Summer Institute, led by our highly acclaimed faculty of artists and designers. You’ll join peers from around the globe to build your portfolio, deepen your understanding of contemporary art-making, and earn college credit. Experience dynamic virtual demos, engage in group critiques, and receive the ideal blend of one-on-one meeting time with faculty and independent exploration in this world-class summer art and design program.
Students must have completed their sophomore year of high school and be at least 15 years of age by the start of the program.
Registration is open! Merit scholarships and financial aid are available. View courses and register today.
Attend an Informational Webinar About the Early College Program Summer Institute
Webinars will be held from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT, on December 7, January 18, February 15, and March 21. Learn more about the curriculum, faculty, college credit, special programming, student benefits, living in Chicago, and much more!
Register for the webinar on Thursday, December 7.
Click here to watch our most recent webinar and get a comprehensive overview of the Early College Program Summer Institute (ECPSI) and Early College Program Online Summer Institute (ECPOSI).
We’ll start by answering a few questions:
- Yes, you’ll work hard
- No, you won’t be sitting in front of a computer screen all day
- Yes, faculty will be working with you in real-time
- Yes, you will meet other students from around the country and across the world
- Yes, our instructors have taught virtually before (and are, frankly, just amazing), and are excited to work with you
- Yes, we know incredible artists and designers from across the world, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet some of them
Summer 2024 Session Dates
Session 1: 2 weeks, June 17–28, 2024
*Juneteenth Observation (no classes): June 19, 2024
- Work with our talented faculty of practicing artists, designers, and scholars
- Earn college credit that may transfer to any college you attend
- Connect with visiting artists from around the globe
- Collaborate with students from across the United States and around the world
- Prepare a competitive portfolio for college admission
- Participate in a virtual exhibition which will be publicized on SAIC’s main social media channels
- View past ECPOSI student work!
Special Benefits for Students Applying to SAIC for Fall 2025
- Robust faculty and admissions application advising, including merit portfolio preparation advice
- The opportunity to receive your admission decision by October 15, earlier than any other SAIC applicant, providing that you have submitted all of your application materials
- A self-paced workshop focused on preparing a digital portfolio and website
Students must be at least 15 years old and not older than 18 years and must have completed their sophomore year of high school to enroll. Already graduating? If you're finishing high school in the spring and will not turn the age of 19 until after your intended course, you can still join us!