Tuition and Financial Assistance
- Portfolio Preparation Workshop tuition: $125
- Short format course tuition (5 class sessions, 15 hours total): $375
- 10-week and 5-week course tuition (10 class sessions, 30 hours total): $625
- 1-week and 2-weekend intensive course tuition: $750
Unless otherwise indicated, students are responsible for purchasing their own supplies. A list of required items will be provided at the first class session. Certificate students are charged a one-time application fee of $100 that is paid at the time of application. Certificate students pay the same tuition for ACE classes as non-certificate students.
Degree Course for Credit tuition and fees are aligned with the degree program undergraduate rates, available online. *Students taking six credits or more of for-credit classes are charged a Technology Fee.
Madeleine Stanley-Jossem Scholarship
The Madeleine Stanley-Jossem Scholarship is a need- and merit-based fund that will benefit one Adult Continuing Education student each fall and spring semester. The scholarship will cover 100 percent tuition for one 10-week course. To apply, complete the Madeleine Stanley-Jossem Scholarship Application and submit it along with all other required documents (images of your work and 1040 tax return) to SlideRoom. Applications open October 23 and close at 11:59 p.m. on January 5.
Having trouble with Slideroom?
Submit your registration and application form along with your six images to email@example.com, including the scholarship and your name in the subject line.
Employee Tuition Remission
Continuing Studies Tuition Remission requests must be submitted by creating a Jira Tuition Remission Form and attaching a completed Adult Continuing Education registration form at the time of Jira submission.
Please do not email your forms to the Continuing Studies Enrollment team. They must be uploaded in Jira to be considered a complete request.
- Step 1: Log into the Jira Tuition Remission Form using your ARTIC SSO credentials (artic gmail). You must be logged into VPN if you are offsite. Fill in the fields. Some questions are dynamic based on your responses. All fields are required unless noted as optional. Under the "Will Register for:" section, be sure to select Continuing Studies.
- Step 2: Attach a completed required Adult Continuing Education registration form to your Jira request. Do not email your registration forms to the CS Enrollment Team, they must be attached to your Jira request.
- Step 3: Select "create" at the bottom of the form to submit it for review.
- Step 4: We will contact you via a Jira comment four weeks out from the start date of the course to let you know if there is space for us to move the enrollment forward. If there is no space at that time, we will contact you via a Jira comment to find an alternative course.
Third-Party Billing and Sponsored Students
Third-party billing is when a company or government/outside agency has established special billing arrangements to cover tuition and/or fees for students that it sponsors. Continuing Studies must receive authorization from the sponsoring agency before third-party billing can be processed. All billing authorizations—which may be a letter, purchase order, or voucher—must be on the official agency letterhead and signed by an officer of the organization.
Payment by the sponsor must be made directly to Continuing Studies; agreements, where payments are sent to the student, cannot be honored. All authorizations must include the term that the authorization is in effect. Continuing Studies cannot accommodate any restrictions or contingencies on the authorization. For instance, if the agency requires transcript information before payment, Continuing Studies cannot authorize third-party billing.
All sponsored students are required to complete a Registration Form and Tuition Repayment Agreement (promissory note) in order to be registered for the class and to initiate third-party billing. In the event of nonpayment or partial payment by the third-party agency, the student will be charged for the unpaid amount. Third parties are invoiced after the class is confirmed to run. Payments must be made within 30 days of billing. If payment is not received within 30 days, the agency and the student will be notified, and the student will be billed for the unpaid amount as authorized on the Tuition Repayment Agreement. Any charges that are not paid by the sponsor are billed to the student. Complete a copy of the Registration Form and Tuition Repayment Agreement and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Education Student Teacher Supervisor Remission
Eligible students will receive a card from the Department of Art Education at SAIC at the time they supervise a student-teacher. The card must accompany a completed Registration Form at the time of registration; remission will not be applied retroactively, and refunds will not be issued to correct overpayment.
Art Therapy Fieldwork Supervisor Remission
Eligible students will receive a card from the Department of Art Therapy at SAIC at the time they supervise a student doing fieldwork. The card must accompany a completed Registration Form at the time of registration; remission will not be applied retroactively, and refunds will not be issued to correct overpayment.