The School of the Art Institute of Chicago has premier living facilities for students. As a resident, you can truly immerse yourself in a community of fellow artists, live right in the heart of Chicago's Loop, and enjoy conveniences you won't find in most student apartments.
Note: This page provides answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Spring 2021 housing application for new SAIC students only. For other questions, please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How much does it cost to live on campus for Spring 2021 semester?
Please visit the Tuition and Fees information page under the Student Financial Services section. There you will find the rates for each available room type, as well as the buildings that offer them. Please note that first time students are not offered single rooms without an approved disability accommodation. See the Disability and Learning Resource Center page for more information about the accommodation process.
How do I apply for on-campus housing at SAIC?
The Spring 2021 Housing application will be available on the SAIC Housing Portal the first week of November. Students who are admitted and have received their invitation to sign up for housing for Spring 2021 semester may do so by visiting the SAIC Housing portal and logging in with their ARTIC account - the same account used to access their SAIC email. Please visit the SAIC Housing portal to apply.
What do I need to do to complete my housing application?
- Using the SAIC Housing website, enter your preferences for your building, room, and bed type. While we do our best to accommodate these requests, please keep in mind that space considerations may prevent some preferences from being fulfilled. If you know another SAIC student you would like to share a room with, you may also enter that student's information in this section.
- Review and sign the contract and housing addendum. All contracts must be submitted electronically. After entering your housing preferences, you will be prompted to electronically sign and submit your housing contract and addendum. Residence Life will not accept contracts or addendums through mail or e-mail.
- Access and view the following: If you have a criminal conviction, please access and complete the below form and email the form to email@example.com
For detailed instructions on submitting the contract, see below. All prospective residents must electronically sign and submit the Housing Contract and Housing Addendum through our online housing system. If applicable, students must also electronically submit the Student Disclosure of Criminal Convictions Form. Please refer to the Housing Contract, paragraph 31, for information about who needs to fill out this form.
- Pay your $550 housing prepayment. Students must complete a $550 housing prepayment in order to secure housing. For detailed instructions on submitting the prepayment online with a credit card, see below. You can also pay by check or money order. No cash payments will be accepted.
How will I know that my application has been received and processed?
Once the Residence Life Office has received and processed your electronically signed Housing Contract and Addendum, criminal convictions disclosure form sent via email (if applicable), and $550 prepayment, your application will be complete. You will receive email notification (sent to your SAIC email account) of your complete application. Once you receive this email, you can know you have completed your application.
You can also contact the Residence Life Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your application is received and completed.
How does Residence Life assign spaces?
Open and available spaces will be assigned based on the date of each applying student's completed application, with priority given to students with earlier dates. For the spring semester, we have fewer spaces and many students will be assigned into a space with a current student.
How do I submit my contract to Residence Life?
Review, electronically sign, and submit the Housing Contract and Housing Addendum through our online housing system. In order to submit your contract and addendum for the upcoming term, you may do so by visiting the SAIC Housing portal. **The Spring 2021 Housing application will be available on the SAIC Housing Portal the first week of November.
Contracts and addendum can only be submitted through the SAIC Housing portal. Submitting contracts improperly could result in a delay of application completion, which could affect the priority that the student is placed in housing.
How do I pay the $550 housing prepayment?
There are two ways to submit your housing prepayment of $550:
Students may pay the prepayment via electronic check or credit card online. To pay online, follow the steps outlined below:
- You must use GET CONNECTED to gain access to SAIC online payments here.
- Login to SAIC Self-Service. This is the first link under Quicklinks. You will use the log-in information created through the GET CONNECTED process.
- Once logged-in, click Financial Account.
- Next, click on the CASHNET button.
- Then click Make a Payment.
- Next, click Make a payment or ARTICard deposit.
- On the next screen, click Housing Prepayment.
- Enter $550.00 as the total amount of the payment. In order for your prepayment to be accepted, it must be the full amount of $550.00.
- Select Spring 2021 for the term.
- Click Add to Shopping Cart and follow the instructions to pay via credit card.
Via Check or Money Order
If you prefer to mail a check or money order, you may send it to the address below. Please make the $550 housing prepayment payable to SAIC. Our office is not able to accept checks that are made payable to anything besides SAIC. If you are paying by check, please put the student ID of the student applying for housing in the memo section of the check.
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Residence Life Office
36 S. Wabash Ave., Suite 1209
Chicago, IL 60603
What if I have additional questions or concerns regarding the housing application process?
Please do not hesitate to contact the Residence Life Office directly. Our staff is available to help you through the process and answer your questions about life in the residence halls. You can send us an email: email@example.com.