At SAIC, we encourage students to think beyond our campus and into the communities where art and design lives and breathes. We encourage students to venture out, explore, and take in every possible thing they can.
Off-campus study options include:
- Internships arranged through CAPX
- SAIC sponsored winter and summer study trips
- Semester Away/Study Abroad with international and domestic SAIC exchange partners
- Winter and summer courses at Ox-Bow School of Art
- SAIC classes designated to fulfill off-campus requirements
All incoming undergraduate students are required to complete six credits* of off-campus study with the exception of BAAH students, who are required to complete three credits of off-campus study toward their degree. Courses that satisfy the off-campus requirement can also satisfy degree requirements for studio, liberal arts, and/or art history credit.
Consultation with an academic advisor is recommended to confirm course selections that fulfill the off-campus study requirement.
*Transfer students who are awarded at least 12 transfer credits, but less than 36 transfer credits are required to complete three credits of off-campus study requirements. Transfer students who are awarded 36 credits or more are waived from the requirement.