SAIC Galleries is a vibrant, public art space that features the boundary-pushing work of emerging and established contemporary artists and designers. Opened in the fall of 2020, SAIC Galleries is part of a four-story gallery and studio space at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago’s (SAIC) 33 Building, located in the heart of Chicago’s Loop at 33 East Washington Street. SAIC Galleries offers 26,000 square feet of exhibition space for annual student and faculty shows, as well as special exhibitions featuring national and international artists.
Visiting SAIC Galleries
SAIC Galleries welcomes the SAIC community and members of the public to visit in person by appointment only. SAIC Galleries offers viewing appointments Tuesdays-Saturdays 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Note* Gallery Hours Mondays-Saturdays once the Fall '21 Undergraduate Exhibition opens.
SAIC is following all guidelines from the Chicago Department of Public Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other local and national health authorities. We have practices in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- In order to manage occupancy, we ask that you make a reservation in advance for a timed entry.
- To protect the health of those both on and off campus, all visitors to SAIC Galleries, including SAIC students, faculty, and staff; families and friends of exhibiting artists; and the general public, must abide by our shared responsibilities, which require everyone on SAIC’s campus to monitor their health, maintain physical distance, and practice good hygiene.
- Face coverings are required for your entire visit.
- A six-foot distance must be maintained from those not part of your visiting group.
- Anyone feeling unwell should postpone their visit for another time.
- As a reminder, If you are traveling from a state identified on the Chicago Travel Quarantine List, please respect the 14-day quarantine period. Visitors who have not quarantined will not be admitted.