Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is available to all SAIC students, faculty and staff. Follow the instructions below to get up and running with Office 365. You can create an account and install the software on your personal Mac or PC.
- To create your Office 365 account begin by following this link. Enter your SAIC email address (i.e. Spencer Student would sign in with email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Please only use your @saic.edu email address when signing up not @artic.edu address. Click Sign up.
- Select I Am Student.
- Open a new tab, Login to your SAIC email. Open the email Finish Signing up for Office 365 and copy the verification code shown in the email.
- Return to the Office 365 account creation page. Fill in your information. Then paste the copied verification from your email in the appropriate field. Click Start.
- On the next page. Click Skip.
- Click the X to proceed past this popup window.
- Your Office 365 account has now been created. To download and install Office applications such as Word and Powerpoint, click Install Office Apps.
- Then select Office 2016. A Microsoft Office Installer will start to download to your downloads folder. This may take some time. Once the file finishes downloading, run the Office installer.
- After the installation finishes, open Microsoft Word. Click Get Started.
- On the next page click Sign In. You will then be prompted for your Office 365 account. Enter the email you used when you created your Office 365 account (e.i. firstname.lastname@example.org), then click Next.
- Enter your Office 365 password that you created earlier and click Sign in. On the next page click the blue Continue button.
- You have now authenticated your Office 365 applications and may begin using Word.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the CRIT Help Desk at 312.345.3535 or send an email to email@example.com.
CRIT Help Desk
MC 905 (112 S. Michigan Ave.)
SP 401 (37 S. Wabash Ave.)
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.