Computer Resources & Information Technologies
Microsoft Office 365 is available to all SAIC students, faculty and staff. Follow the instructions below to get up and running with Office 365. This guide will show you how to create an Office 365 account and install the software on your personal Mac or PC.
- To create your Office 365 account begin by following this link. Enter your SAIC email address ending with @saic.edu (i.e. Spencer Student would sign up with email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org). Please only use your @saic.edu email address when signing up not @artic.edu address. Click Sign up.
- Select I’m a Student.
- Fill in your account information. (You will retrieve your verification code in the next step)
- Open a new tab and go to gmail.artic.edu, Login to your SAIC email. Open the email with the subject Office 365 and copy the verification code shown in the email.
- Return to the Office 365 Sign Up tab and paste your verification code in the verification field box and click Start
- Your Office 365 account has now been created. To download and install Office applications such as Word and Powerpoint, click Install Office followed by Office 365 Apps. Check your downloads folder for the Office application installer. Then run the installer. Both the download and installation could take a few minutes.
- After the installation finishes, open Microsoft Word. Click Get Started.
- On the next page click Sign In. You will then be prompted for your Office 365 account. Enter the email you used when you created your Office 365 account (e.i. email@example.com), then click Next.
- Enter the Office 365 password that you created earlier and click Sign in. On the next page click the blue Continue button.
- You have now authenticated your Office 365 applications and may begin using Word or the other Microsoft Office applications that were installed earlier.