Registration for Summer Classes Now Open!
NEW: Register online or download the Adult Continuing Education Noncredit Registration Form [PDF] and do one of the following:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to 312.629.6171
- Drop it off at 36 South Wabash Avenue, Suite 1201, Chicago, IL 60603
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago invites you to be a part of our diverse community of artists, designers, and scholars by enrolling in an Adult Continuing Education noncredit course (or two), or one of our exciting certificate programs. Engage in material exploration and learn new skills or refresh existing ones in our state-of-the-art facilities and studios. Investigate new modes of creative production, including laser cutting and 3D printing, or find inspiration with access to the Art Institute of Chicago museum, the Fashion Resource Center, Joan Flasch Artists' Book Collection, the Roger Brown Study Collection, and Video Data Bank. As a member of our community, one defined by practice and inquiry, you will cultivate creative confidence, learning with and from your instructors and peers as you produce work based on your personal research and interests.
Featured Summer Offerings:
- Weekend Workshop: Public Art in Chicago: An Accelerated History of Murals 1970s to Present Day NEW!
- Monoprinted Artist Books
- The Revisionist NEW!
- Intro to Frame Loom Weaving NEW!
- Comics and Graphic Novels NEW!
- Weekend Workshop: After Effects Essentials NEW!
- Block Printing Without a Press
- Patternmaking and Construction: Above the Waist
- Plein Air Painting
- Adventures in Crowdfunding NEW!