New Studio Art and Design Certificate applications will not be accepted in the 2022-2023 academic year.
Designed to support individual students' immediate creative goals and long-term aspirations, the Studio Art and Design Certificate reflects SAIC's interdisciplinary art and design curriculum.
- Required Course (1): Artist Materials and Techniques (formerly Studio: Surface, Space, Time) - offered in fall only
- Electives (4): All 30-hour Adult Continuing Education courses are eligible for all certificates, including 1-week and 2-weekend intensives
To find current courses
- Visit continuingstudies.saic.edu
- Click Current Online Courses or Current In-Person Courses on the left panel
- Culminating Course (1): Exhibition Essentials (formerly Critique + Exhibition) - offered in spring only
Total required courses: 6
Keep track of your certificate requirements as you move through your individualized program using our Studio Art and Design Certificate Curriculum Guide.
The sequence of electives can take many forms to suit the individual needs of the adult learner, emphasizing personal enrichment, preparation for further study, and more.
Note: Required courses may not be offered every term. Scheduled courses may not be offered in the student's preferred instructional mode (online or in-person).
Completion of the Certificate in Studio Art and Design requires a portfolio review, fulfilled by participation in Portfolio Review Days offered in the fall and spring. Final portfolio reviews are taken during or after the student's final coursework term. Students will also need to complete the certificate program completion form, submit high-quality digital images of their work, and take part in a brief exit interview to receive their digital certificate.
Start your noncredit certificate today - visit continuingstudies.saic.edu. Select Certificate Programs under the heading Adult Continuing Education in the left column and pay the nonrefundable $100 fee.