CAPX is here to help you prepare for your creative future!
CAPX prepares students and alums through career education, and connects them to diverse experiences to build sustainable creative lives.
It’s never too early to start thinking about your creative practice after SAIC and CAPX is here to help you at each step of the way.
Get started by logging on to Handshake and filling out your profile.
Career, faculty, and peer advisors work with all degree-seeking undergraduate students, graduate students, and alums at all professional levels and tailor coaching to serve individual needs, identifying strengths, values, skills and experiences.
CAPX can help you to:
- Prepare and develop résumés, cover letters, proposals, cover letters, artist’s statements, and portfolios.
- Implement job search strategies and connect you to internship opportunities posted specifically for SAIC students and alums through Handshake.
- Apply for on-campus employment opportunities on Handshake.
- Explore for-credit internships and apply to jobs related to your area of interest.
- Discover your personal strengths and talents through assessments including Strengths®, Strong Interest Inventory, and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI).
- Pursue exhibition, residency, fellowship opportunities, and funding, including Fulbright grants.
- Learn about contemporary practices in emerging creative industries, freelancing, and self-employment.
- Network with SAIC alumni and professionals from a wide range of creative organizations and practices.
Make a career advising appointment with a CAPX advisor today!