SAIC requires certain requests in writing. Below you will find the forms and links that allow you to:
- Change your contact information
- Appeal an academic decision
- Request a refund
- Register to vote
Change Contact Information
Download and complete the change of contact information form. Bring the form in person or mail it to the Office of Registration and Records:
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Office of Registration and Records
36 S. Wabash, 14th floor
Chicago, IL 60603
Transcript Request Form
Academic Review Board Appeal Form
Download and complete the academic review board appeal form. State the nature of your appeal and outline any relevant details. Be sure to include specific dates, names, and other pertinent information and include all supporting documents. Decisions of the Academic Review Board are final.
Refund Request Form
Download and complete the refund review form.
- Return the completed form to Office of Registration and Records, 36 S. Wabash Ave., room 1450, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Be sure to have a doctor's statement which includes the dates of treatment/illness and the degree of debilitation if the request is being made due to a medical reason. Also please include any appropriate supporting documentation for all other appeals that are not due to a medical reason.
- The Board will review the request and make a determination. The Board meets weekly during the academic year and biweekly over the summer.
- Written notification will be sent to the student of the Board's decision.
Decisions of the Refund Review Board are final.
Register to Vote
If you are eligible, you are encouraged to participate in the country’s political process by registering to vote. You are encouraged to vote with an absentee ballot from your home state, or to register to vote in Illinois. In compliance with federal statutes, SAIC makes Illinois and absentee voter registration forms available through TurboVote and distributes this information to students annually via email prior to Election Day.
To obtain additional information regarding voter registration in Illinois, go to elections.il.gov and vote.org/state/illinois. To obtain additional information regarding absentee voting, go to https://www.rockthevote.org/how-to-vote/. Voter registration information is also available at SAIC's voter information page at saic.turbovote.org.