The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) provides a host of programs and services for the SAIC community, including: training, ergonomic assessments, incident investigations, management of regulated waste streams, air quality surveys, hazard assessments, and art project consultation. These programs and services reduce institutional risk, establish safe and healthy work conditions, and promote environmental stewardship. Our mission is to create a community in which environmental, health, and safety principles are accepted, executed, and integrated into all aspects of working, teaching, learning, and living at SAIC.
EHS policies and procedures for faculty, staff, and students are designed to promote safe and healthy work and classroom environments. For questions and inquiries regarding these policies and procedures, please contact the EHS office.
- SAIC and AIC's MSDSonline Portal
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Chicago Health Alert Network