How to Apply
CAAP Applications are Now Open!
Apply Online! The deadline has been extended to April 14, 2023! Watch this informational video to learn more about SAIC's College Arts Access Program!
2022/2023 Timeline (subject to change)
- April 14, 2023: Application deadline (students who will be sophomores in fall 2023)
- May: CAAP Review Committee will evaluate all eligible applicants and send out communication regarding status by the end of May.
- June: Fall 2023 cohort of CAAP students confirmed
- September: CAAP orientation
- October: CAAP students begin their first semester of coursework
Who Can Apply?
CPS students entering their sophomore year in fall 2023 may apply. Apply Online!
Application Step 1: Gather the required application materials:
- Essay: Writing is an important component of being a creative professional. As part of your application, you are required to submit a personal essay describing why you would like to be selected to participate in CAAP––one page recommended length.
- Recommendation: Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or other academic professional who can evaluate your motivation, commitment, maturity, and potential to succeed in CAAP.
- Transcript: One high school transcript from each high school you attended (unofficial transcripts are okay). Note: A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is preferred, but is not required for consideration.
- High School Attendance Record: One attendance record from each high school you attended.
- Financial Documentation: Financial documentation must include a copy of the family's most recent 1040 tax form. If you are unable to provide this, please contact Continuing Studies at 312.629.6170 or email@example.com.
- Art/Design Work Samples: Submit 3–5 pieces of your best and most recent work that reflect your interests, skills, and willingness to explore, experiment, and express yourself. We welcome final artworks, portions of sketchbooks, and in-progress works for submission.
Application Step 2: Submit required application materials and answer the required application questions at saic.edu/CAAPapply by April 14, 2023!
If you have any questions about the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.629.6170