How to Apply
CAAP Applications are Now Open!
2021/2022 Timeline (subject to change)
- April 18, 2022: Application deadline (students who will be sophomores in fall 2022)
- May: CAAP Review Committee will evaluate all eligible applicants and send out communication regarding status by the end of May.
- June: Fall 2022 cohort of CAAP students confirmed
- September: CAAP orientation
- October: CAAP students begin their first semester of coursework
Who Can Apply?
CPS students entering their sophomore year in fall 2022 may apply. Apply Online!
Application Step 1: Gather the required application materials:
- Essay: Writing is an important component of being a creative professional. As part of your application, you are required to submit a personal essay describing why you would like to be selected to participate in CAAP- one page recommended length.
- Recommendation: Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or other academic professional who can evaluate your motivation, commitment, maturity, and potential to succeed in CAAP.
- Transcript: One high school transcript from each high school you attended (unofficial transcripts are okay). Note: A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is preferred, but is not required for consideration.
- High School Attendance Record: One attendance record from each high school you attended.
- Financial Documentation: Financial documentation must include a copy of the family's most recent 1040 tax form. If you are unable to provide this, please contact Continuing Studies at 312.629.6170 or email@example.com.
- Art/Design Work Samples: Submit 3 – 5 pieces of your best and most recent work that reflect your interests, skills, and willingness to explore, experiment, and express yourself. We welcome final artworks, portions of sketchbooks, and in-progress works for submission.
Application Step 2: Submit required application materials and answer the required application questions at saic.edu/CAAPapply by the extended deadline of April 18, 2022!
If you have any questions about the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.629.6170