Make An Appointment with Navigate
Students can now use Navigate to schedule appointments at the Writing Center!
For details, please click here.
The Writing Center is open virtually in Summer 2021
from June 1 to August 20
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday!
Writing Center tutors are available online to help all currently enrolled students with their brainstorming, drafting, and editing. Tutors can assist with essays, artist statements, application materials, presentation texts, theses, proposals, and creative projects.
Sign up for an appointment in Navigate and you will be contacted with directions for working with your tutor. To prepare for the appointment, please make sure that you have (1) a functional internet connection; (2) Zoom ready to use; and (3) writing ready to share with your tutor in a Google Doc.
If you have any questions, or need help making an appointment, email email@example.com. A front desk assistant will be able to connect with you via Zoom during our open hours.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) offers free, fifty-minute writing tutorials through the Writing Center. Tutors are available to assist all currently enrolled students with any stage of the writing process.
Students may work with tutors on the following:
- Interpreting writing prompts, essay questions, & application leads
- Brainstorming & getting started
- Creating artist statements
- Making claims & arguments
- Developing ideas
- Strengthening organization
- Improving writing style
- Clarifying language
- Addressing Chicago Manual of Style (CMS), American Psychological Association (APA) style, & Modern Language Association (MLA) style questions
- Citing references
- Correcting basic grammar, spelling, & punctuation