The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Master of Arts (MA) in Arts Administration and Policy program provides an academic structure within which students can master specific sets of skills while at the same time building a critical perspective toward issues of contemporary arts administration.
Curriculum Overview as of Fall 2020:
|Critical and Cultural Policy Studies||9|
|Research and Professional Practice||6|
|Completion of thesis|
|Total Credit Hours||42|
Degree requirements and specifications
- Completion schedule: Students have a maximum of four years to complete the degree. This includes time off for leaves of absence. Thesis in Progress: Students who have not submitted a finished thesis for review and approval by the end of the final semester of enrollment are given a Thesis in Progress grade (IP). All students with a Thesis in Progress grade (IP) will be charged the Thesis in Progress Fee in each subsequent full semester until the thesis is completed and approved and the grade is changed to Credit (CR). If the statute of limitations is reached without an approved thesis, the grade will be changed to No Credit (NCR).
- Internships: Students without solid professional experience are strongly encouraged to do internship placements, whether for credit or not. AAP Department faculty are available to advise and assist in identifying and securing placements.
- Transfer credits: A minimum of 36 credit hours must be completed in residence at SAIC. Up to six transfer credits may be requested at the time of application for admission and are subject to approval at that time. No transfer credit will be permitted after a student is admitted.
- Curriculum: The program requires 42 credit hours.
- Enrollment: Nine credit hours constitutes full-time enrollment, although as many as 15 credit hours may be earned in any semester. Two semesters of full-time status are required of all students when they begin the program; thereafter a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester are required for continued enrollment in the program.
- Full-time Status Minimum Requirement: 9 credit hours.
Interested in learning more?
Click around the pages of this website for more information on admissions requirements, MA in Arts Administration and Policy faculty, students and alumni, and more.
Interested in learning more about how you can apply?
Visit the graduate admissions website or contact the graduate admissions office at 800.232.7242 or email@example.com.