Permission to Take Classes Outside of SAIC
SAIC is currently not accepting requests for Permission to Take Classes Outside of SAIC. As a reminder, SAIC is offering online courses. Please contact Academic Advising at 312.629.6800 or email@example.com with any questions.
Taking Classes Outside of SAIC
The process to request permission to take classes outside of SAIC begins with the Permission to Take Classes Outside of SAIC Request form. Enrolled degree-seeking students who wish to take courses at another school (other than through SAIC Off-Campus Study Programs) and subsequently have that credit transferred to SAIC, MUST complete this form in order to receive prior approval from the appropriate departments. Review all of the requirements below and have selected the courses you wish to seek permission to take before you begin.
Eligibility requirements for Permission to Take Classes Outside of SAIC:
- Course(s) must be taken through a regionally accredited college of university.
- Course(s) cannot duplicate any offered at SAIC.
- A maximum of 15 credits may be taken via Permission towards any undergraduate SAIC degree.
- Students must have completed their 6-credit First Year Seminar requirement to transfer any other Liberal Arts credits to SAIC and will only be granted 3 credits of non-language Liberal Arts classes (EXCEPTION: Students can take 6 additional credits of foreign language courses if the language is not offered at SAIC).Students cannot take a Liberal Arts course online.
- Students must have completed their 6-credit Art History survey requirement to transfer any Art History credits to SAIC and will only be granted 3 credits of Art History during the course of their SAIC degree. Students cannot take an Art History course online.
- Students must have completed all Contemporary Practices requirements to transfer any Studio or General Elective courses.
- Students may not exceed the maximum total number of transfer credits towards their degree.
- Students must be in good or warning academic standing.
- Course(s) must be at a high academic level (e.g. no remedial or college prep courses).
- International Students (F-1 or J-1) seeking fall or spring credits off-campus must maintain their Visa status and obtain approval from the International Affairs office.
If you have any questions after reviewing and completing this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Academic Advising at 312.629.6800.