Tuition, Equity, and Finances
This subcommittee will initially focus on gaining a comprehensive understanding of how scholarships, student recruitment, and School finances interrelate before working toward increasing opportunities for diverse prospective students to attend SAIC and diverse students to persist. This subcommittee will work closely with admissions, advancement, and finance staff. Outcomes could include more scholarship opportunities for diverse students.
- Recruitment – After a period of research to understand recruitment, finances, and fundraising, identify areas for improvement and propose strategies to complement or augment existing efforts.
- Retention – Recruitment strategies are only part of the equation; programs to help students persist and thrive are essential, too. Existing peer-support and affinity models may be useful examples for proposals to expand existing programs and inform new ones.
- Felice Dublon, vice president and dean of student affairs
- Adrian Wong, assistant professor, sculpture
- Craig Downs, executive director of media and instructional resources
- Daniel Quiles, associate professor, art history, theory, and criticism
Other Community Members
- Brian Esker, vice president of finance
- Reneé Finnell, executive director of individual giving
- Nicole Hall, director of graduate admissions
- Deborah Martin, dean of student life
- Rose Milkowski, vice president of enrollment management
- Asia Mitchell, executive director of undergraduate admissions
- Stephanie Oberhausen, vice president for advancement
- Cheryl Russel, executive director of corporate, foundation, and civic relations
- Oliver Sann, professor, photography
- Rosalie Shemmer, dean of Career and Professional Experience (CAPX)