What Does Online Learning Look Like?
Be prepared to push your technical and conceptual skill sets. Bring your passions, and we’ll customize course content to help you develop your work. You will not be bored by spending hours in front of your computer screen—we promise!
We’ve designed our online courses to be an ideal mix of participating in real time faculty-led demos and lectures, working in your home studio, receiving one-on-one feedback from your instructors, researching our virtual resource library, and engaging with your peers.
- Online classes take place Monday–Friday with daily group meetings on Zoom at 8:30 a.m. IST.
- Each course will be taught by one of our acclaimed faculty members and a graduate teaching assistant.
- Each morning you’ll join your classmates and faculty in a virtual classroom for the day’s demonstration, lecture and/or assignment that you’ll be working on throughout the remainder of the day.
- Faculty will work to determine a one-on-one advising schedule to answer questions and provide you ongoing feedback as you work in a more self-driven way on your projects.
- Your faculty and teaching assistants will be readily available to answer your questions throughout the day, and keep you motivated and inspired as you dig into your projects from your home studio.
- You’ll be participating in frequent critiques with the entire class.
- You’ll have access to our large virtual library of resources and modules—many of which were created by our faculty and tailored to course topics—to learn about new materials, based on your own interests and the direction of your projects.
Additional Course Activities
- Our undergraduate admissions team will be hosting virtual presentations and portfolio reviews to help prepare you for the college application and merit scholarship processes.
- You will have the opportunity to work with influential visiting artists from across the nation and around the world.
- Invite your friends and family to attend end of session virtual exhibitions—which we will be publicizing on SAIC’s main social media channels.
- We will be hosting an optional workshop focused on helping you prepare a digital portfolio and website to showcase your work throughout the college application process.