Middle School Program (Ages 10-13) Spring Registration is Now Open!
Interested in learning more about our camps? Check out our course blog.
Our camps are designed to allow students to focus on their interests, learn new skills, and bring their ideas to life. We offer course subjects, facilities, and resources not available to young creators anywhere else in the Chicagoland area.
Spring Five-Week Session, February 6-March 7
Spring 10-week Session, February 6-April 18
Spring Five-Week Session, March 13-April 18
Summer Schedule Will Be Posted Soon!
What Makes our Middle School Program Special:
- Students are able to dig deeply in their areas of interest. Each course provides an immersive experience that teaches young makers both conceptual and technical skills, while allowing them the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Our museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, is an integral part of students’ experiences. Be prepared to have your child teach you about their favorite pieces in our collection!
- We don’t stay inside our classrooms all day, because we believe being active fuels imagination. Students are out exploring the city’s architecture, finding treasures at thrift shops, or finding inspiration at Millennium Park.
- Our faculty are not only amazing mentors and teachers, but have robust artistic practices themselves. Safety is always our top priority — each class has two instructors and two classroom assistants, allowing for a 7 to 1 student-to-adult ratio.
- Our courses are great ways to make new friends who share similar interests.
Advanced Drawing Studio Online
Sundays, 10 a.m.–1 p.m., February 7–April 18
While continuing to build on technical skills, focus on drawing as a tool for organizing thoughts and feelings, and sharing ideas. Work with a wide range of materials including pencil, charcoal, pastel, ink, and mixed media.
Introduction to Drawing Online
Saturdays, 9 a.m.–12 p.m., February 6–April 17
This course offers an introduction to drawing as an exciting means of expression through writing, discussion, sketchbooks, and individual and group projects. Explore a variety of drawing techniques and approaches, including essential elements of 2D design and art, as you develop an understanding of line, shape, shading, and light.
Fashion Design Projects Online
Sundays, 2-5 p.m., March 14-April 18
Discover your own style as you take your designs from concept to reality. Engage in activities that guide you through the process of developing original ideas as you find inspiration for fashion in the world around you and respond to the work of other artists and designers. Learn to enhance your projects with technical skills such as hand sewing, embroidery, and draping.
While our physical offices remain closed, Continuing Studies staff are available M–F, 8:30 – 4:30 CT at 312.629.6170 to answer your questions. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!