Important Note about Summer 2020 Children's Multi-Arts Camps (ages 4-9) and Family Camp (Ages 4-10 With Adult)
While we are committed to nurturing the creative development of young artists, designers, and scholars, the COVID-19 pandemic requires us to continue to be diligent in considering their safety, the health of our campus community, and the well-being of our shared society. With this in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Continuing Studies Children’s Workshops, Family Camps, and Middle School Programs scheduled to take place this summer.
We look forward to being able to welcome your child back to campus as soon as we are safely able.
If you are interested in an online summer offering for your child, or in receiving emails with ideas to spark creative thinking and play this summer, request more information here. While our physical office is closed at this time, we are available to answer any questions you may have. You may reach us at 312.629.6170, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about our camps? Check out our course blog here!
We take creativity and fun seriously! Your child will be exploring in a wide range of materials including drawing, painting, mixed media, fibers, performance, wearables, and animation—and will have ample opportunities to take advantage of Chicago in the summer—from visiting the Art Institute gardens to enjoying Millennium Park. Enroll for one of our one- and two-week sessions, or sign-up for multiple weeks.
Children's Multi-Arts camps are grouped by ages 4–5, 6–7, and 8–9. Family Camp is for children ages 4-10 with at least one parent or guardian. Campers work together on a variety of fun projects and experience the joys of making art with old and new friends. Projects may include painting, drawing, mixed-media, sculpture, printmaking, performance, digital art, and more.
Campers enroll for morning, afternoon, or both* (all day) with no duplication of projects. Each 1- and 2-week Children's Multi-Arts camp will have a new and exciting theme, so students can enroll in multiple sessions.
*For ages 4-5 we offer morning sessions only of the Children's Multi-Arts camps.
What Makes our Camps Special:
• Each summer, we select a theme for our Children's Multi-Arts camps and structure projects and exploration around that idea. Our youngest creators are learning and researching concepts, bringing their points of view to life through the projects they make. And, be ready, they make A LOT of work!!!
• Get ready for your child to take YOU on a tour of the Art Institute of Chicago. Campers visit our museum nearly every day to explore its treasures and find inspiration.
• Chicago in the summer is a perfect place for kids. We take full advantage of the outdoor spaces adjacent to campus because keeping active and engaging with the world fuels imagination.
• Our faculty are not only amazing mentors and teachers, but have robust artistic practices themselves.
• Safety is always our top priority – each class has two instructors and two classroom assistants allowing for a 4 to 1 student-to-faculty ratio.