For Parents, Guardians and Other Outside Supports
The support of students’ parents, guardians, and loved ones is crucial when a student is managing challenges. A student’s family often serves as a valuable partner in helping a student be successful at SAIC. We want students’ families to be aware of the support available to students at SAIC and work collaboratively when we can to provide the best support possible to your students.
If you are concerned about your student and want to reach out for help, contact OSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.6800. In the event of an emergency, contact Campus Security at 312.899.1230
We encourage you to review the following resources and believe they may be helpful to you in supporting your students.
- saic.edu/parents – A resource for you to keep informed and to have access to helpful information to assist your student.
- Parent eNewsletter – eNewsletter published every semester that keeps you up to date on major things happening on campus.
- Parent Facebook Page – Private Facebook community for parents of SAIC students.
- Parent and Family Handbook – Comprehensive family guide for all things SAIC!
- FERPA Release Form – Form that students can complete that facilitates contact with a student’s family and other external supports. For more information about FERPA and Family Notification, view our “Parent and Family Notification and Records Policy” in the Student Handbook.
We look forward to collaborating with you! Don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything we can do to help support your student.