Faculty Enrichment Grants
2023-2024 applications due Monday, March 20, 2023
SAIC will distribute $150,000 as individual Faculty Enrichment Grants, from $500 to $5,000, for use in 2023–24 to support work on innovative creative and research projects.
- Full-time, adjunct, and lecturer ranked faculty currently teaching in the degree program
- Joint faculty projects are eligible and should be submitted as one application
- Maximum award of $5,000
- Faculty on sabbatical or other professional leave in 2023–24 are encouraged to apply
- Full-time visiting artists are not eligible for Faculty Enrichment Grants
- Applicants must be in compliance with SAIC required trainings and have fulfilled credential documentation requirements
- Faculty must be actively employed at SAIC at the time the funds are disbursed
Selections are based on the strength of the proposal, the applicant’s record of creative and scholarly achievements, the length of tenure at the institution, and the candidate’s history of awards from SAIC. For full-time faculty, priority consideration will be given to applicants who have actively contributed to the school community through service.
The Dean’s Selection Committee is especially interested in offering grants that will facilitate the completion of a specific project or the creation of new works. Grants are not awarded to cover tuition costs at any institution, equipment purchases, travel for conferences, publications for exhibitions or events, or time spent for applicant’s work or labor on the project. Grants for expenses associated with research for potential courses are generally not considered.
Given the limited funding, the School typically underwrites only a portion of the requested amount. Applicants are strongly encouraged to consider additional sources of support to fully realize their projects.
Applications are due on or before Monday, March 20, 2023.
TO APPLY, complete the Faculty Enrichment Grants Application.
You must be logged in to your SAIC email account to complete the form and apply. If you have any technical difficulty, including problems accessing the form, please contact the CRIT Department. The application can also be accessed by pasting the link below into your browser:
All documents must be converted into PDFs before uploading. Required information to provide will include:
- Proposal: One- to two-page description that highlights (a) the nature of the project; (b) whether this is a new project or the completion of one already underway; and (c) the value of the project, in general or for you as an artist, designer, or scholar.
- Budget: A detailed, one-page budget for the requested funds.
- CV: Current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- For Full-Time Faculty Only: Service and/or contributions to the school community performed over the past three academic years. Full-time faculty should include a list of all service performed for the school over the current and prior two academic years (with dates).
Review and Selection
All submissions are reviewed by members of the Deans Selection Committee, which includes the Deans, and elected full-time and part-time faculty representatives. Award recipients are contacted via email in late-April/early-May.
For use from July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024. Funds will not be distributed prior to September 30, 2023, and cannot be used for projects that have already occurred (prior to July 1, 2023). Awards not claimed by June 30, 2024, are forfeited.
Note: All Faculty Enrichment Grants are distributed as one-time-payments, dispersed through regular payroll. The grant amount will be added to a regular payroll payment on the September 30, 2023, pay cycle. Since the award is subject to supplemental payroll taxes, recipients are encouraged to keep records and receipts of associated expenses to submit with their individual year-end tax returns.
Contact Maya Gopalan, Assistant Director of Academic Administration, at 312-629-9789 or email@example.com.