Dear Early College Program Summer Institute Students and Parents,
As indicated in email communications sent to you at the end of May, we've made the decision to move the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Early College Program Summer Institute courses online this summer and require your response prior to Friday, June 19 if you would like to transfer into an online course.
While we wil not be together on-campus this summer, we hope you will transfer your enrollment into our Early College Program Online Summer Course Institute (ECPOSI). Led by SAIC's acclaimed faculty who have successfully taught online and have adapted their course content to a virtual platform, you will join peers from around the globe to create portfolio-quality work, depen your understanding of contemporary art, and earn college credit.
Online Program Highlights
- Engagement with faculty members and teaching assistants in real time, in addition to robust virtual content crafted by our faculty that you can explore at any hour
- One- and two-credit options available
- Meet with acclaimed visiting artists from around the globe
- Develop a community with peers from around the world
- Access to the institution’s full library of on-demand demos, lectures, and resources
- An optional session focused on preparing a digital portfolio and website
Benefits for Those Wishing to Apply to SAIC for Fall 2021
- Learn your admission decision by September 1, earlier than all other applicants
- Receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship to SAIC’s undergraduate program
- Access robust one-on-one faculty and admissions counselor advising throughout fall 2020
Visit saic.edu/ecposi to learn more
The Following Options Are Available to You:
- Transfer into a two-credit intensive class with a topic that closely aligns with the course in which you were enrolled.. Two-credit options can be found here.
- We have also opened more generalized sessions that may be suitable to your interests. These courses are being offered for one college credit rather than the two college credits in which you are currently enrolled. One-credit options can be found here. The tuition price for a one-credit course is $1,666. We will work one-on-one with students who were awarded a merit scholarship or need-based financial aid for ECPSI who want to transfer their enrollment to an online course to prorate their awards accordingly.
- Cancel your enrollment entirely. We will process a refund of any payment you have made toward summer courses, including the $100 deposit. This process can take between 4–6 weeks.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed no later than June 19 by clicking here.
If you would like advice about what is the best option for you, contact us at email@example.com or 312.629.6170.
If you transfer into an online course offering this summer, you may complete your payment online at saic.edu/cspayment.
In spite of the current challenging situation, we remain committed to the importance of an art and design education, and firmly believe that the innovation, curiosity, and creativity of our makers and thinkers will help us re-envision the future. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.6170 with any questions you may have.
With my sincere wishes for your safety and that of your loved ones,
Vice Provost & Dean of Community Engagement