Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio: Curriculum Requirements
|Total Credit Hours||126|
* BFA students must complete at least 6 credit hours in a class designated as "off campus study." These credits can also fulfill any of the requirements listed above and be from any of the divisions (Art History, Studio, Liberal Arts, or General Electives).
BFA With Distinction—SAIC Scholars Program: The SAIC Scholars program is a learning community of BFA students pursuing rigorous study in both their academic coursework and their studio pathways. There are two opportunities for interested students to apply to the SAIC Scholars Program: at the time of admission to the school, and after they have completed 30 credits of study at SAIC. Students pursuing the latter option are required to formally submit an application to the Undergraduate Division. Once admitted to the SAIC Scholars Program, students are required to successfully complete a minimum of six designated scholars courses. Students who complete the program will graduate with distinction.
BFA with Liberal Arts Thesis Program Curriculum
BFA requirements including 9 credits of specific Liberal Arts electives as follows:
- SOCSCI or HUMANITY 3900 Academic Research and Writing (3)
- LIBARTS 4800 Undergraduate Thesis: Research/Writing I (3)
- CAPSTONE 4900 Liberal Arts Undergraduate Thesis: Research/Writing II (3)
- Participation in Undergraduate Thesis Symposium in Senior Year
- Completion of thesis, approved by both Thesis II instructor and Chair of Liberal Arts
|Total credits required for minimum residency||66|
|Minimum Studio credit||42|
Interested in learning more?
Visit the Participating Departments page for information on the curriculum, faculty, and resources offered through the departments.