First-Time Freshmen: AP/IB/Pre-College Credit
Students admitted to SAIC as first-time freshmen may transfer a maximum of 12 total combined credits from the following categories in any combination thereof:
- Advanced Placement (AP) through the College Board: SAIC awards 3 college credit hours for each AP score of 4 or 5 in ALL academic areas (priority) or studio arts.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP): For each subject area exam, students must earn a score that is at least equivalent to a grade of "C" for the subject. Students are awarded 3 semester credit hours if they score a minimum of 50 for each subject area exam. CLEP credits are considered transfer credits and must be submitted at the time of enrollment.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): SAIC awards 6 college credits for any IB score of 5 at the Higher Level (HL).
- Non-SAIC pre-college programs: SAIC awards transfer credit for classes in which the student has earned a minimum grade of "C." Official transcripts from the college are required.
- Dual High School/College credit programs: SAIC awards transfer credit for classes in which the student has earned a minimum grade of "C." Official transcripts from the both the high school as well as the college are required.
- Courses completed at a college that do not also count toward a high school diploma may also be accepted.