Housing and Residence Life: Summer Housing Information
Living at SAIC for Summer 2017
Applications for Summer 2017 housing will be open in the spring of 2017.
If you are looking for Summer Intern Housing for non-SAIC students, visit our Summer Housing for Interns page.
Degree-seeking SAIC Students:
Secure your space at SAIC for Summer 2017 in two easy steps:
- Complete the online Summer Housing Application. The application contains an electronic contract which you must accept. Make sure that you click all the way through to the "Finish" button on the last step!
- Pay your $150 housing prepayment. For detailed instructions on submitting the prepayment on-line with a credit card, see below. Instructions can also be found on the application. You can also pay by check or money order. No cash payments will be accepted.
Students may pay the prepayment via electronic check or credit card online. To pay online, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to PeopleSoft Self-Service. You will use the log-in information created through the GET CONNECTED process.
- Once logged-in, click Account Inquiry.
- Then click Make a Payment.
- Next, click Make a payment or ARTICard deposit.
- On the next screen, click Housing Prepayment.
- Enter $150.00 as the total amount of the payment. In order for your prepayment to be accepted, it must be the full amount of $150.00.
- Select Summer 2017 for the term.
- Click Add to Shopping Cart and continue follow the instructions to pay via credit card.
Via Check or Money Order
If you prefer to mail a check or money order, you may send it to the address below. Please make the $150 housing prepayment payable to "SAIC".
Residence Life Office
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
36 S. Wabash Ave., suite 1209
Chicago, IL 60603
Summer Continuing Studies Students:
Information on summer housing for non-degree students can be found on our Non-Degree Student Housing Application Form.
If you are unsure whether you should apply as a degree-seeking student or a Continuing Studies student, contact the Registration and Records department at 312.629.6700.
To review program information for other Continuing Studies programs this summer, visit the Continuing Studies page.
162 North State Street Residences
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has space available in one of its premiere facility, 162 North State Street Residences. Located in the heart of the city, this building is directly across from the Chicago Theatre. Each loft-style room has a private bath and kitchenette, with a full-size refrigerator, microwave oven, and stove and comes equipped with both cable and wireless internet. These generous accommodations boast 11-foot ceilings with track lighting, ample closet space, and large windows with views of Lake Michigan or the Chicago Loop. They are each furnished with an extra-long twin bed, drafting table, and chair.
Note: Jones Hall hosts the SAIC Early College Programs over the summer and is unavailable for student housing. All available spaces are located in the 162 North State Street Residences.
Common area facilities
Common area amenities include a state-of-the-art computer room, an exercise facility*, and on-site laundry. The building is staffed with 24-hour campus security officers, and the Residence Life staff is available to assist you in getting to know the city.
*Residents must attend a 20-minute orientation session and sign an insurance liability waiver to gain access to the exercise room.
2017 Summer Contract Dates
|Start Date||End Date|
|All Summer||May 28||August 18|
|Low Residency MFA||June 17||July 31|
|Session 6W1||May 28||July 8|
|Session 6W2||July 9||August 18|
|Session 3W1||May 28||June 17|
|Session 3W2||June 18||July 8|
|Session 3W3||July 9||July 29|
|Session 3W4||July 30||August 18|
2016 Summer Rates (2017 Rates Coming Soon)
|Double Room||Single Room|
|Low Residency MFA:||$1,830||$2,430|