Financial Aid: Summer and Winter Terms
Students desiring financial (including their merit scholarships) for summer and winter terms including Ox-Bow must complete a SAIC Institutional Financial Aid application and an annual FAFSA, if applicable.
On Campus Classes Only
Complete the online On-Campus Institutional Financial Aid Application.
Study Trip Classes (with or without on-campus classes)
Complete the online Study Trip Pre-Registration application at SAIC Self-Service > Student Center > Academics > Study Abroad. This will be used to provide a financial aid estimate for each trip.
SAIC Merit Scholarships
- Domestic and international students who receive SAIC Merit Scholarships for the Fall and Spring terms must complete the SAIC Institutional Financial Aid Application to have SAIC Merit Scholarships awarded for the Winter/Summer term. Merit scholarships are pro-rated based on the number of credit hours enrolled.
Federal Financial Aid—Available to eligible U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens only.
- If you have not already, submit a FAFSA at fafsa.gov to be considered for all types of federal aid including grants, loans and work-study.
- After receipt of your FAFSA, additional documentation may be requested by Student Financial Services. Please respond promptly to any information requests as a financial aid award is not able to be provided until all requested information is received and reviewed.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the term to receive federal student loans.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least half-time according to their program of study during the term to receive federal student loans.
Federal Direct PLUS Loan—Available to eligible U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens only
- For Undergraduate students: Your parent(s) must apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan online at StudentLoans.gov.
- For Graduate students: You must apply for a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan online at StudentLoans.gov.
- Borrowers must be a credit-worthy as a credit check is conducted.
- Complete a loan application with the lender of your choice. The lender will forward credit-approved loans to Student Financial Services for certification.
Once your financial aid eligibility has been awarded, it will be viewable through your SAIC Self-Service account. Student Financial Services will send you an initial award letter packet in the mail. Updates to awards are sent by email to the student’s SAIC email address.