Events: Campus Tours
Reservations are requested. Make your undergraduate tour reservation today.
There is no better way to see all the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has to offer than to come to our campus and walk through our studios, facilities, residence halls, and our museum—the Art Institute of Chicago. A student-led campus tour is the best way to learn about us, get a feel for our facilities and student life, and ultimately see if we are an educational fit for you.
After or before our tours, we offer you the opportunity to schedule an appointment to meet individually with one of our admission counselors to review your portfolio, discuss our curriculum, and ask any questions you may have. While you are on campus, you may also meet with one of our financial aid counselors.
Campus tours are offered Monday through Friday as well as select Saturdays and leave promptly at 11:45 a.m. from the LeRoy Neiman Center at 37 South Wabash Avenue. Please plan to arrive at the Center by 11:30 a.m. Tours typically last about two hours—please wear comfortable shoes for walking. There is an optional residence hall tour that begins after the school tour.
Our tours include the following:
- Campus buildings and facilities.
- Our downtown Chicago loft apartment-style residence halls.
- An appointment with an Admissions counselor, should you desire one.
- Admission to the Art Institute of Chicago museum.
- Introduction to our downtown campus—wear comfortable shoes!
SAIC is a vital part of downtown Chicago. We hope you visit; we know you will find SAIC an extraordinary place.
Note: For those with appointments for a review after the tour, portfolios may be brought to the Admissions office on the 12th floor of the Sullivan Center at 36 South Wabash Avenue prior to the tour. Otherwise, Admissions may have to check your belongings until after the tour.
Saturday Tour Dates 2019
- July 27, as part of our Summer at SAIC event
- August 10
- September 14
- November 16
Group Tours—High School, Colleges, and Organizations
- Group tours are offered Monday - Thursday between 9:00-10:30 a.m. or 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Requests may be made for up to 35 students and 3-5 chaperones.
- SAIC campus tours are designed for high school groups, colleges, or organizations that express a genuine interest in studying visual art and design at the college level.
- SAIC Campus Tours are not designed for elementary or middle school age groups.
To request a group tour, please complete the group tour request form. You will receive an individual follow up for your request.
For any questions, please contact Kate Perryman at email@example.com, or call 800.232.7242.
Parking, Campus Map, Directions, and Where to Stay
For information about parking, directions to SAIC, where to stay, and to download a campus map, please see the visit page.
Can't visit our campus?
Check out our virtual tour.