Career and Professional Experience (CAPX): Upcoming Programs
Fall 2018 Programs and Workshops
Join us for these informative workshops held Monday–Friday at 4:15 p.m. at CAPX starting in September!
Mondays: RésuMondays – Build your re?sume?, cover letter, or other professional materials every Monday at CAPX. Whether you’re starting from scratch or just want some friendly advice, our advisors are here to meet with you!
Tuesdays: Know Your CliftonStrengths® – Discover your dominant talents—your superpowers—and the ways in which you naturally think, feel, and behave as a unique individual in these advisor-led sessions. Learn what motivates you, where you are most in your element, and which career paths might be best for you!
Wednesdays: Group Jobs Search – These advisor-led group sessions help you develop your professional materials, networking and research abilities, and interview skills with the support of your friends and classmates.
Thursdays: CAPX Internship Info Sessions – Learn more about for-credit internships at SAIC, including our Professional Practice 3900 and CAPX Internship 4001 options, and how best to conduct your internship search via SAIC Compass.
Fridays: Expert Exchange – Expert Exchange offers students and alumni the opportunity to consult individually with creative professionals and Chicago business leaders about venture ideas and future careers. Sessions begin at 12:00 p.m.
Meet Big Interview!
Big Interview is a free on-demand virtual interview training platform. Build your confidence for the interviewing process through a variety of skills-building exercises on this free virtual platform and receive valuable feedback from our career advisors from the comfort of your dorm or studio.
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels.
- A database of thousands of interview questions & tips on how to answer them.
- Rate & share your interview answers for feedback.
- A comprehensive video training—covering all aspects of landing a job.
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions.
- The practice & feedback you need to nail your interviews!
Sign up on SAIC Compass.
Weekly Group Job Search & Advising:
Join CAPX Staff, SAIC alumni and, graduating students for support and assistance with your job search strategy, applications, resume, cover letters, informational and job interview prep, using LinkedIn, SAIC Compass and a range of job search resources.
- Résumés and cover letters
- Networking and making connections
- International student job search
- LinkedIn, Compass and other trending apps
A complete schedule is available on our calendar for sign-up.