Career and Professional Experience (CAPX): Expert Exchange
Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) launched Expert Exchange, offering SAIC students the opportunity to consult one-on-one with alumni, creative professionals, and Chicago business leaders about venture ideas and future careers.
Experts have included:
Susan Snodgrass, Writer and critic
Emma Webb, Designer
Yasmil Raymond, Curator
Florence Hardy, Executive Director, Chicagoland Small Business Development Center
Jayeon Kim, Google UX Lead
Tricia Van Eck, Curator
Caroline Perzan, Set Designer
Jasmin Shokrian, Fashion Designer
Mark Gallay, Digital Strategist at Comedy Central
What to Expect
Expert Exchange is an opportunity to meet creative professionals, get industry insights, career advice and, answers to your specific questions.
Experts are scheduled Fridays through the Fall and Spring semesters. Experts of the week are announced a week prior, by email.
How to Prepare
- Check below for visiting experts, their fields and expertise.
- Research the experts and their industries.
- Register to meet with an Expert.
- Bring your professional materials and questions to the meeting.
- Check in with our front desk before your appointment at 116 South Michigan Avenue, suite 1400. Please let us know at least 2 days before if you are unable to attend.
- Make sure to request a business card or contact information from the Expert and follow up with a thank you.
Want to get the most out of your meeting?
Stop in during Walk-In Hours Monday–Friday, 12:00–1:00 p.m., and talk to a CAPX staff member.
Have suggestions about an expert you would like to see? Click here
What to Expect
The Expert Exchange program facilitates 1:1 interactions between SAIC students, alumni, and visiting professionals (experts). Experts volunteer for four, 30-minute sessions, to consult with students and recent alumni during one of our Friday time slots: 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., 12:00–2:00 p.m., or 2:00–4:00 p.m., throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.
How to sign up
- Complete an Expert Exchange Information Form.
- We will follow up with you within 3 business days to confirm scheduling.
We are located at 116 South Michigan Avenue, suite 1400.
Contact Kate Schutta, email@example.com, Co-director of the CAPX office.