Career and Professional Experience (CAPX)
Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) helps students and alums gain the self-knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence needed to develop unique, creatively satisfying career paths.
CAPX provides one-on-one advising, group workshops, and numerous professional networking services:
- SAIC Compass - an online network that connects students and alums with hundreds of internship and job opportunities and potential employers.
- Expert Exchange - informational interviews and consultations with with alumni, creative professionals, and business leaders about venture ideas and future careers.
- SAIC Internships - connecting SAIC students with organizations and companies in Chicago, throughout the US, and internationally.
- Big Interview - a free on-demand virtual interview training platform.
- CliftonStrengths - online assessment and coaching to help students discover their natural talents and develop their strengths.
- CAPX services are available to all degree-seeking SAIC students and alumni. Make an appointment to meet with a CAPX advisor: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Check out CAPX Resources and Guides for tutorials on writing artist's statements and documenting work, links to outside resources, as well as advice on writing résumés, cover letters, and applying for jobs.
Follow CAPX on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for up-to-date news.
Save the Date: The 2018 SAIC Internship and Career Expo is coming Thursday, November 29!
Our annual flagship program brings together over 60 employers from throughout the Chicagoland area and beyond. Students and alumni can network in real-time with leading companies and organizations, learn more about the nature of their work, and explore potential job and internship opportunities on the spot. Come prepared to get connected, be inspired, and see what’s next for you!
Join us Monday, October 1st at 6:00 p.m. in the Maclean Ballroom (112 S. Michigan) for the MakeWork Kickoff Event: Sustaining a Creative Life After SAIC, co-presented by CAPX's Good Energy Project, and the Shapiro Center's Go Fund Yourself! initiative. The event marks the beginning of MakeWork's year of programming and provides an opportunity to learn more about entrepreneurial strategies and the MakeWork competition. Dinner will be provided.
Looking for an internship or employment opportunity?
Scroll through the offerings from SAIC Compass below.
Click on any you'd like to explore to log into Compass to apply.