Career and Professional Experience (CAPX)
Join us for a week of programs during Crit Week (March 26–30) created to highlight some of the amazing resources we offer at CAPX, including 18 sessions of Expert Exchange, four informational Lunch + Learn sessions, and an inaugural Go Fund Yourself! entrepreneurial strategies event co-presented with the Shapiro Center.
Throughout the week, students will have a chance to document their work in the new Documenting Space, and we'll also have extended advising hours to give students extra opportunities to spruce up their résumé or portfolio. Afternoons will feature music from SAIC radio, board games, and karaoke in the CAPX lounge on the 14th floor of MacLean Center, and free coffee and snacks will be available each day starting at 9 a.m. Keep your eyes peeled for free PayDay bars in the campus cafés throughout the week, too!
For more information and a full schedule for CAPX Week's programs, download the CAPX Week Programming Guide and Schedule [PDF].
Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) helps students and alums gain the self-knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence needed to develop unique, creatively satisfying career paths.
CAPX provides one-on-one advising, group workshops, and numerous professional networking services:
- SAIC Compass - an online network that connects students and alums with hundreds of internship and job opportunities and potential employers.
- Expert Exchange - informational interviews and consultations with with alumni, creative professionals, and business leaders about venture ideas and future careers.
- SAIC Internships - connecting SAIC students with organizations and companies in Chicago, throughout the US, and internationally.
- Big Interview - a free on-demand virtual interview training platform.
- CliftonStrengths - online assessment and coaching to help students discover their natural talents and develop their strengths.
- CAPX services are available to all degree-seeking SAIC students and alumni. Make an appointment to meet with a CAPX advisor: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Check out CAPX Resources and Guides for tutorials on writing artist's statements and documenting work, links to outside resources, as well as advice on writing résumés, cover letters, and applying for jobs.
Follow CAPX on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for up-to-date news.
Looking for an internship or employment opportunity?
Scroll through the offerings from SAIC Compass below.
Click on any you'd like to explore to log into Compass to apply.