Career and Professional Experience (CAPX)
Join us in the MacLean Ballroom on November 30 from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Internships + Jobs
Over 60 organizations are ready to meet students seeking for-credit internships and share information about jobs beginning immediately or in the near future.
Meet startups and entrepreneurs ready to inspire, discuss business concepts and real-world tactics with SAIC students.
Glappitnova’s Nick Brown moderates conversations with creative change-makers including interdisciplinary entrepreneurs, artists, strategists and tech pioneers.
Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) helps students and alums gain the self-knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence needed to develop unique, creatively satisfying career paths.
CAPX provides one-on-one advising, group workshops, and numerous professional networking services:
- SAIC Compass - an online network that connects students and alums with hundreds of internship and job opportunities and potential employers.
- Expert Exchange - informational interviews and consultations with with alumni, creative professionals, and business leaders about venture ideas and future careers.
- SAIC Internships - connecting SAIC students with organizations and companies in Chicago, throughout the US, and internationally.
- Big Interview - a free on-demand virtual interview training platform.
- CliftonStrengths - online assessment and coaching to help students discover their natural talents and develop their strengths.
- CAPX services are available to all degree-seeking SAIC students and alumni. Make an appointment to meet with a CAPX advisor: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Check out CAPX Resources and Guides for tutorials on writing artist's statements and documenting work, links to outside resources, as well as advice on writing résumés, cover letters, and applying for jobs.
Follow CAPX on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for up-to-date news.
Looking for an internship or employment opportunity?
Click on any you'd like to explore to log into Compass to apply.