We teach design by asking questions: what is an object, a building, a space?—and by pursuing answers through a commitment to making and a dedication to experimental practice, interdisciplinary study, and community partnership.
Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects
SAIC at the Venice Biennale
Current Featured Courses
Students enrolled in the Seems Real, On the Surface seminar will work between digital and physical models and will be familiarized with various rendering softwares, 3D scanning technologies, and VR systems. We will use these tools to develop projects and interventions that address issues of surface, image, perception, and materiality and that highlight the seams of our constructed reality.
Find the right degree for you
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects (AIADO) offers six graduate-level Master of Architecture (MArch), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), and Master of Design (MDes) degrees and is part of the Bachelor of Fine Arts pathways.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Interior Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Designed Objects Pathway)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture with an Emphasis in Interior Architecture
- Master of Design in Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Architecture
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Design for Emerging Technologies