We teach design by asking questions: what is an object, a building, a space?—and by pursuing answers through a commitment to making and a dedication to experimental practice, interdisciplinary study, and community partnership. Read the Letter from the Director
You are here
Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects
Find the right degree for you
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects (AIADO) offers six graduate-level Master of Architecture (MArch), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), and Master of Design (MDes) degrees and is part of the Bachelor of Fine Arts pathways.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Interior Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Designed Objects Pathway)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture with an Emphasis in Interior Architecture
- Master of Design in Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Architecture
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Design for Emerging Technologies
Explore other departments and areas of study
SAIC's departments and interdisciplinary areas of study provide a rich diversity of curricular offerings to support the undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs. Through faculty and academic advisor guidance, you can customize your education within an open framework tailored to your creative goals.