We teach design by asking questions: what is an object, a building, a space?—and by pursuing answers through a commitment to making and a dedication to experimental practice, interdisciplinary study, and community partnership.
Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects
2018-19 Mitchell Visiting Professor
Matylda Krzykowski is a designer, curator, art director and educator focusing on collaborative and performative projects. Krzykowski’s work is introspective, as it explores and experiments with the inner mechanisms of design. As such, her projects dissect the design process to its different stages – from material and personal origins, to methodologies and education; from network and politics to social projections, and the spectrum in between.
Find the right degree for you
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects (AIADO) offers six graduate-level Master of Architecture (MArch), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), and Master of Design (MDes) degrees and is part of the Bachelor of Fine Arts pathways.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Interior Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Designed Objects Pathway)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture with an Emphasis in Interior Architecture
- Master of Design in Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Architecture
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Design for Emerging Technologies