We teach design by asking questions: what is an object, a building, a space?—and by pursuing answers through a commitment to making and a dedication to experimental practice, interdisciplinary study, and community partnership. Read the Letter from the Director
You are here
Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) MakeWork Council is a group of artists, designers, and entrepreneurs who seek to further Chicago’s cultural and economic growth.
The council starts with a simple goal: support and enable creative people to start businesses.
Comprising SAIC alumni and friends from Chicago, San Francisco, and other cities across the United States, the council is a professional network of advisors and mentors for some of SAIC’s most driven and entrepreneurial students and alumni.
Find the right degree for you
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects (AIADO) offers six graduate-level Master of Architecture (MArch), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), and Master of Design (MDes) degrees and is part of the Bachelor of Fine Arts pathways.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Interior Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Architecture Pathway)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio (Designed Objects Pathway)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture with an Emphasis in Interior Architecture
- Master of Design in Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Architecture
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Designed Objects
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio, Design for Emerging Technologies
Explore other departments and areas of study
SAIC's departments and interdisciplinary areas of study provide a rich diversity of curricular offerings to support the undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs. Through faculty and academic advisor guidance, you can customize your education within an open framework tailored to your creative goals.