The MakeWork Challenge is the art school version of a business plan competition. If you are a student or alum of SAIC you are eligible to apply for a spot in the MakeWork Challenge where you can win up to $10,000.
The application deadline for the MakeWork Challenge is April 6.
To apply, submit the following items via email to SAICMakeWork@saic.edu.
1. A completed lean canvas. The lean canvas is a quick and easy way to describe your vision for your business. If you have questions about how to fill it out, come to one of our Wednesday Workshops. Download the lean canvas. Download the lean canvas budget template referred to in Section 8 of the lean canvas.
2. A link to the 90 second video that describes who you are, what your practice is about, and how you could benefit from the support of MakeWork. Upload your video to Youtube, unlisted without a password, and send the link with your other application materials.
Submit your application for the MakeWork Challenge to SAICMakeWork@saic.edu by Wednesday, April 6.
Please inculde your name as the subject line in your submission email. For helpful start-up terms, please refer to the start-up glossary.
Prepare for the MakeWork Challenge
- Connect with MakeWork online. Be sure to get on the MakeWork email list by emailing SAICMakeWork@saic.edu and check for MakeWork updates and events. Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Fill out the mentee survey here.
- Participate in the CAPX Expert Exchange on Fridays and CliftonStrength Test. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code. Join us for the Start-Up Wednesday Workshops in the spring.
- Visit, Hermit, the entrepreneurs in residence at CAPX.
- Continue to MakeWork!
RSVP on SAIC Compass
Sign in to SAIC Compass with your existing login or create a new account. Find the full lineup of Start-Up Wednesday Workshops under Events and register for individual workshops.
Sign up for Expert Exchange through CAPX to start getting personal feedback on your venture