Career and Professional Experience (CAPX): Resources and Guides
SAIC Career and Professional Experience's (CAPX) Employment Toolkit [PDF] includes information for pursuing internships and seeking employment such as résumé examples, how to set up a LinkedIn profile and more.
Employment Toolkit Chapters
- Employment Preparation and SAIC Internships [PDF]
- Resumes [PDF]
- Cover Letters [PDF]
- Portfolio Strategies and Artist's Statements [PDF]
- LinkedIn and Search Strategies [PDF]
- Interviewing and Additional Information [PDF]
$ALT: Money Knowledge for College and Beyond
A free educational program that will help you, whether you are a student or an alum, take control of your finances as you plan for your future.
Documenting Your Work
A guide that starts with camera basics and takes you through post production using Adobe Photoshop to best document your work for your online portfolio.
Documenting Your Work [PDF]
Artist's Statements and Bios
A short handout outlining what defines an artist's statement and the tips for writing a statement that highlights your work best. Artist's statements are especially significant for applying for funding, further schooling, and can help inform your elevator pitch.
Artist's Statements [PDF]
Your Online Presence [PDF]
- Resources for Self-Employment and Freelancing [PDF]
- Resources for Small Business [PDF]
- Resources for Start Ups [PDF]
Resources are also available through Admissions
- Graduate School for Fine Arts—Beginners Guide [PDF]
- College Art Association
- College Art Association Directories
- College Teaching Job Application Packet [PDF]
- Develop a Syllabus [PDF]
- How to Survive Your First Round of Interviews
- A Quick and Relatively Painless Guide to Your Academic Job Search
Contact us at 312.629.6810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All events are free for SAIC degree-seeking students and alumni. Persons with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation for this program should contact email@example.com or 312.629.6820 as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made.