ARTICard and U-Pass: ARTICard
The ARTICard: Your Key to Campus
ARTICard is the identification card for SAIC students, faculty, and staff. It provides access to campus buildings and school privileges and also allows cardholders to purchase items and services at select locations on and off campus.
By depositing money onto the card, you can use your ARTICard to pay for copies, print projects, laundry, books and supplies, and food on and off campus. There is no membership fee, service charge, or minimum balance. The balance carries over from semester to semester and year to year until your account is closed.
The ARTICard is your permanent ID card. As long as you are registered for classes or employed by the Art Institute of Chicago, your ARTICard is valid, and you are eligible for all of its privileges.
Getting your first ARTICard is fast and easy. Simply visit the ARTICard and U-Pass Office, read and sign the ARTICard Terms and Conditions, and take a picture. In less than a minute, the card is yours. You can deposit money to your ARTICard account at the same time.
The ARTICard office will be open during the following dates and times to accommodate new and returning students during Orientation and the first week of class.
- August 21, 10:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m. (International Student Move-In)
- August 27, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (New Student Orientation)
- August 28, 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m. (Campus Resource and Vendor Fair)
- August 29, 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- August 30, 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- August 31, 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- September 1, 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.