Visit: Public Guests
All visits are by appointment.
As a special collection of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago we host SAIC classes, projects, and meetings, which can take place mornings, afternoons, and evenings. To accommodate academic programming, there are no scheduled times that the collection is open to the public.
We welcome guests from the public. We strive to accommodate all requests. Visits are scheduled based on staff availability.
To schedule your visit:
Please email email@example.com
Kindly let us know:
- a few days and times that work for you
- the type of tour (see below)
- the number of guests
- your phone number
Please indicate if you are:
- an SAIC alumna/alumnus
- an artist or curator with a specific research interest
Sneak Peek Tours ($10 per guest)
Most guests enjoy a Sneak Peek Tour. RBSC staff will guide you through the collection, provide information about artists, areas, objects, and histories, and answer questions.
Artists' Museum Tours ($25 per guest)
For museum or other professional groups, Artists’ Museum Tours include a slide presentation on Roger Brown's artistic and collecting path (or other subjects, by request) and a complete tour of the collection.
Tours generally last an hour and a half, are limited to 15 or fewer guests. Larger groups (25) max. will be divided in half, with half the group viewing the slideshow, half touring the collection, then groups switch.)
Location and Contact Information
Roger Brown Study Collection
1926 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, Illinois 60614
Directions to the RBSC
The RBSC is located at 1926 North Halsted Street, 1/2 block south of Armitage Avenue on Halsted Street, on the west side of the street.
By public transportation
- CTA Brown Line: Exit at Armitage and walk three blocks east to Halsted Street. Turn right on Halsted and go 1/2 block south to 1926.
- CTA Red Line: Exit at North Avenue, go to Halsted St. (1/4 block east) and walk 2 1/2 blocks north to 1926.
- CTA Bus # 8, Halsted Street Bus, exit at Armitage and walk 1/2 block south to 1926.
From I-94, exit at North Avenue, drive east to Halsted Street. Turn left/north on Halsted Street and drive 2.5 blocks to 1926. There's a parking garage directly across the street (credit card only).