Annual Health Insurance Requirement and Waiver/Request Deadlines
Health Insurance Requirement for fall and spring semesters: For information about SAIC's health insurance requirements and eligibility to submit a waiver, please refer to Wellness Center: Health Services. All students who are required to have health insurance at SAIC are charged automatically each fall and spring semester they are enrolled.
For the 2020-21 academic year, the cost of health insurance for full-time domestic and all international students is $1,210 per semester ($2,420 annual) for each of the fall and spring semesters. The spring semester health insurance plan includes coverage through the end of the following summer.
Waiver Request Instructions: If students do not wish to have coverage under SAIC's student health insurance plan and have coverage under their own comparable health insurance policy, they may request a waiver of the SAIC’s health insurance. Minimum coverage requirements can be found via the Health Services page on SAIC’s website.
SAIC health insurance waivers can only be submitted online at saic.myahpcare.com for the entire academic year and the spring-only semester.
Students will access the online waiver at saic.myahpcare.com using their Artic account login and password. Questions associated with Artic account activation and/or login problems can be directed to SAIC's CRIT Help Desk at 312.345.3535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each submitted online waiver must be accompanied by a scanned copy of the front and back of the student's health insurance ID card. Additionally, international students must submit a scanned copy of their complete insurance policy in English, with coverage amounts reflected in US dollars, as well as a scanned copy of their medical evacuation and repatriation coverage.
This can be done in the fall for the entire academic year, or in the spring for the spring-semester only.
Requests to waive annual and spring-semester only health insurance must be submitted annually.
After submitting the online waiver at saic.myahpcare.com:
- Via an automated process, a health insurance waiver credit is applied to the account of each student who submits a health insurance waiver that has been verified and approved.
- Submitting a health insurance waiver request does not guarantee that it will be approved.
- Information regarding the non-SAIC health insurance policy that is provided on the health insurance waiver will be verified by Academic HealthPlans, to ensure that the plan meets minimum standards.
- Academic HealthPlans will contact the student and/or the policy holder (if the student is not the policy holder) as needed during the verification process.
- If the information provided on the waiver is incomplete, incorrect, cannot be verified, and/or if the insurance plan does not satisfy criteria:
- the waiver will not be accepted
- health insurance coverage through SAIC will be required.
- One or more factors may impact Academic HealthPlans ability to complete waiver verification. It is important that students and/or policy holders respond if contacted by Academic HealthPlans and/or SAIC regarding additional information required to verify insurance coverage.
Part-time domestic students will not automatically be enrolled in SAIC's Student Health Insurance Plan, but coverage is available upon request at saic.myahpcare.com. Students will access the online health insurance request page using their SAIC student ID number and birth date. The deadline to request insurance coverage is the first day of the fall and spring semesters.
2020-21 Health Insurance Waiver/Request Deadlines
Fall and Spring Health Insurance Waiver/Requests may only be submitted electronically online at saic.myahpcare.com.
|Summer 2020*||July 6, 2020|
|Annual/Fall 2020||September 2, 2020|
|Spring 2021||January 28,2021|
*SAIC Health Insurance for the summer semester: All new full-time domestic students and all new international students who are beginning their degree program in the summer, as well as all new international students participating in SAIC's EIS (English for International Students) program, are automatically enrolled in and charged $410 for SAIC’s Summer 2020 student health insurance plan. Students with comparable coverage who do not wish to purchase SAIC’s summer student health insurance plan may submit an online waiver through saic.myahpcare.com by the first day of classes for summer sessions 3W3 and 6W2.
Summer health insurance coverage is also available upon request for continuing degree-seeking students enrolled for summer who were not covered under SAIC’s student health insurance plan in the spring by submitting an online request through saic.myahpcare.com.