F Newsmagazine, SAIC's student-run publication, won several awards from the 21st Annual Student Design Contest, hosted by the Edmund C. Arnold Chapter of the Society for News Design at Michigan State University. Paul Elitzik, the Editorial Advisor for F Newsmagazine, commented, "This is the contest that matters to us the most—student newspapers from all over the world enter, judges are professional news designers, and the competition is fierce." F Newsmagazine was awarded:
- Best-Designed Student Newspaper: First Place
- Best Student News Site: Second Place
- Magazine Cover: First Place—Reilly Branson (BFA 2020), Rush Hour, September 2019
- Magazine Cover: Honorable Mention—Cat Cao (BFA 2020), Decisions, October 2019
- Magazine Spread: Third Place—Ishita Dharap (MA 2020), Untitled Illustration in "The Women of Shaheen Bagh," March 2020
- Alternative Story Format: Third Place—Cat Cao, Untitled Illustration in "From the Copper Mine to the Canvas," February 2020
You can find all of the award-winning designs in the back issues at F Newsmagazine.