COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The COVID-19 primary vaccination series is required for all students, faculty, staff (including Central Administration staff), visitors, and contract staff who will be on campus for any period of time during the 2022–23 academic year.
- Compliance with this requirement means the person must have received their second shot of a two-shot series or a single shot from a one-shot vaccine.
- Public health officials are working toward launching a new COVID-19 “bivalent” vaccine, which is designed to fight two strains of SARS-CoV-2, including the Omicron variant. If this vaccine, or other COVID-19 vaccines become available and they are proven to be effective, we may require these immunizations as well.
- Visitors are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
SAIC will accept any COVID-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or World Health Organization. Only the following may serve as proof that you have received a COVID-19 vaccine:
- A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 record card;
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider; or
- State immunization records.
International students should visit Health Services for more information.
Additional Vaccination Requirements
Consistent with our existing practice, in addition to the COVID-19 vaccine, students will be required to have proof of immunization on file with Health Services for the following communicable diseases: measles (rubeola), mumps, rubella (German measles), diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis, and meningitis. Visit Health Services’ site for more information.
The expectation is that our campus will overwhelmingly consist of vaccinated individuals, greatly reducing the risk of infection for all.
- If you’re a student: As is the case with all of our immunization requirements, medical and religious exemptions will be accommodated for the COVID-19 vaccine. Here is more information on how to submit a request for an exemption.
- If you’re an employee: Exemptions will be accommodated for medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs. To request an exemption, click on the Exemption Forms & Instructions link on the SAIC COVID Vax Attestation page:
- Log in to Self-Service
- Click on Employee Self-Service
- Click on SAIC COVID Vax Attestation