COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The COVID-19 primary vaccination series is required for all students, faculty, staff (including Central Administration staff), visitors, and contract staff who will be on campus for any period of time during the 2022–23 academic year.
The newly authorized COVID-19 “bivalent” vaccine is not currently required by SAIC but is recommended by the CDC in order to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations.
Compliance with this requirement means the person must have received their second shot of a two-shot series or a single shot from a one-shot vaccine.
- The COVID-19 “bivalent” vaccine is designed to fight two Omicron strains of SARS-CoV-2. It is available for anyone over the age of 5 if it has been at least 2 months since their last COVID-19 vaccination.
- For more information on eligibility and where to receive COVID-19 vaccinations visit https://vaccines.gov
- Visitors are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
SAIC will accept any COVID-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or World Health Organization. Only the following may serve as proof that you have received a COVID-19 vaccine:
- A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 record card;
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider; or
- State immunization records.
International students should visit Health Services for more information.
Additional Vaccination Requirements
Consistent with our existing practice, in addition to the COVID-19 vaccine, students will be required to have proof of immunization on file with Health Services for the following communicable diseases: measles (rubeola), mumps, rubella (German measles), diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis, and meningitis. Visit Health Services’ site for more information.
The expectation is that our campus will overwhelmingly consist of vaccinated individuals, greatly reducing the risk of infection for all.
- If you’re a student: As is the case with all of our immunization requirements, medical and religious exemptions will be accommodated for the COVID-19 vaccine. Here is more information on how to submit a request for an exemption.
- If you’re an employee: Exemptions will be accommodated for medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs. To request an exemption, click on the Exemption Forms & Instructions link on the SAIC COVID Vax Attestation page:
- Log in to Self-Service
- Click on Employee Self-Service
- Click on SAIC COVID Vax Attestation